Beginning Fire Sprinkler System Planning School

February 22, 2021 9:00 AM to March 05, 2021 4:00 PM
 Add to Calendar

AFSA Headquarters
Towers at Park Central, Building 7 12750 Merit Drive, Suite 350,
Dallas, TX 75251
 Directions

 

Beginning Fire Sprinkler System Planning School


The American Fire Sprinkler Association (AFSA) is taking its 2021 Beginning Fire Sprinkler System Planning School to a location near you!

February 22 - March 5
Dallas, Texas

Taught by AFSA's expert technical staff, AFSA's Beginning Fire Sprinkler System Planning School teaches the essential elements of system layout in accordance with NFPA 13, Standard for the Installation of Sprinkler Systems. Recent upgrades have been made to the content, updating it from the 2016 edition to the 2019 edition of the standard. 

This class presents a comprehensive, practical approach to preparing fire sprinkler system drawings. Students receive two full weeks of instruction, 60% of which is study and review of NFPA 13 (2019). The other 40% is preparation of fire sprinkler system layout, shop drawings and hydraulic calculations. For 2021, our curriculum has been updated to teach the 2019 edition of NFPA 13 for the first time.
 
The school is designed to train a beginner to be productive immediately upon returning to work. This class is designed for those with no experience, or those who need assistance with design. The students learn by actually planning and drawing sprinkler systems while studying and applying NFPA 13 (2019 Ed.) It is also a great option for anyone who is in management, sales, or contracting within the fire sprinkler industry who wants to gain insight into a designer's perspective.
 
The class is limited to 13 students to allow for social distancing and each desk is equipped with a plexiglass shield. Masks are required to be worn while in the AFSA offices and in the Towers at Park Central where we are located.
 
As part of their registration, students will be provided with an NFPA13 2019 Ed., Design School Manual, scientific calculator, drafting template, and all printouts needed to produce fire sprinkler system designs.